To Qualify for
Medical Marijuana in
Florida all patients need:
1. To be Florida Residents with a valid Florida ID. An out of state I.D. passport, or other photo I.D. with proof of Florida residency such as bank statement, utility bill, etc. is acceptable If you do not have a Florida I.D.
2. A $75 check or money order payable to the Florida Department of Health.
3. You must provide medical records or other documentation from your primary physician which outlines their diagnosis. Please bring this documentation with you on your appointment.
4. Patients must be over the age of 18. For those patients under 18 years of age the parent or designated legal representative must submit proof of residency for the parent or the designated legal representative.
5. All patients must have a diagnosis by his or her physician stating the patient has a debilitating medical condition.
6. All patients are required to register with the Department of Health,
7. A full-face, passport-type 2x2 inches in size, color photograph taken within the 90 days immediately preceding application.
Applications should be mailed to (Brandon Medical Center will assist you with the se forms.) :
Florida Department of Health ATTN:
Office of Compassionate Use: 4052 Bald Cypress Way Tallahassee, FL 32399
In November of 2016 Amendment Two was passed by Florida voters legalizing the use of full strength Medical Marijuana for many medical conditions. The effort to legalize Medical Marijuana in Florida was so popular that an overwhelming 71% of Florida's citizens voted to pass Amendment Two last November.
The Medical Marijuana ballot issue was then approved by the Florida State Legislature and signed into law by Governor Rick Scott making it 100% legal for State Certified Florida Physicians to recommend Medical Marijuana for treatment.
Florida now joins 28 other states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, & Guam in allowing the compassionate use. Canada, Mexico, Australia, and many other modern nations have also legalized Medical Marijuana for their citizens. In Florida the Department of Health's Office of Medical Marijuana Use is responsible for over seeing the state Medical Marijuana program.
There are many health conditions for which a Florida licensed physician can recommend the benefits of Medical Marijuana therapy. These include but are not limited to: Epilepsy, PSTD, Cancer, Parkinson’s, Crohn's disease, HIV/AIDS, Glaucoma, Multiple sclerosis. Other debilitating medical conditions and chronic pain conditions may be covered as well.
The staff at Brandon Medical understands how important decisions regarding your health are and that you want a caring and compassionate health care provider who’s got your best interests at heart. Brandon Medical’s physician, Dr. John Kilgore, will advocate the best possible treatment for our patients based on each person's individual needs. All doctor visits are strictly confidential.
The Use of Physician Recommended Medical Marijuana is Safe, Completely Legal, and Approved in the State of Florida
Monday - Friday: 8:00 - 5:00 pm.
Copyright © Brandon Medical Center. All rights reserved.
Update on Florida's Medical Marijuana Laws
Court Date Set To Rule on Smoking Medical Marijuana.
Currently Florida only allows Medical Marijuana to be used in forms other than smoking it. Patients can vape Medical Marijuana, take it in pill form, ingest it as an edible, and use it in topical solutions but smoking it is prohibited.
On May 16th 2018 Florida's Circuit Court judge Karen Gievers will hold a non jury trial to determine if the smoking ban violates the 2016 state constitutional amendment that legalized medical marijuana.
Brandon Medical Center will update this information should the ruling change regarding the current smoking ban in place.
Call Us: 813-502-6430
Brandon Medical Clinic
122 Moon Ave
Brandon FL 33511
Call Brandon Medical Center to schedule your appointment
** 813-502-6430 **
to determine if your medical condition qualifies you for Medical Marijuana.
BRANDON MEDICAL CENTER
Serving the Brandon and Tampa area with care and compassion